Salmon, Corn + Dill Quiche
Salmon, corn + dill quiche
75g salt-reduced canola spread, melted
½ cup reduced fat milk
1 cup wholemeal plain flour
¹⁄³ cup fresh dill, chopped
415g can red salmon, drained, bones and skin removed (see tip)
3 eggs, lightly beaten
½ cup reduced fat smooth ricotta cheese
½ cup corn kernels
mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a 3cm-deep, 23cm (base) loose-based flan pan.
- Combine spread, ¼ cup milk, flour and 1 tablespoon of dill in a bowl.
- Mix with a wooden spoon to form a ball (see tip).
- Using fingers, press 1 tablespoon of pastry at a time over base and sides of pan to line.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Place pan on a flat baking tray.
- Break salmon into large chunks and arrange over pastry.
- Whisk together eggs, ricotta, corn, remaining dill and remaining milk in a bowl. Pour over salmon.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 180°C.
- Bake for a further 20 to 25 minutes or until pastry is golden and filling set.
Cut quiche into wedges and serve with salad.
- You could use 250g shaved ‘lite’ leg ham instead of the salmon.
- Replace the dill with flat-leaf parsley leaves.
- If pastry mixture is too wet, add a little flour. If too dry, add more milk.
Recipe + image courtesy of Heart Foundation
|You may like...|
|Thermomix: Luigi's 40 Second Biscuits||Chocolate + Cranberry Brownies||Vegie Lasagne||Corn and Bacon Tarts|
Look around Flourish
- Nourish: Food, Wine + Entertaining
- Health + Wellbeing
- Competitions + Giveaways
- What's On
- Shopping + New Products
- Inspiration + Motivation
- Fitness + Exercise
- Home + Garden
- Flourishing Women
- Bridal + Weddings
- Holidays + Travel
- Fiction + Poetry
- Flourish Men
- Craft + Puzzles
- Career, Finance, Money + Business
- Parenting, Babies, Children + Family
- Thermomix 5 Minute Bliss Balls with Crio Bru or Cacao
- Paleo Chocolate Slice
- Kids' Special Hamburgers
- Roast Pumpkin Loaf
- Roasted Tomato + Lentil Soup
- Coconut Flour Pancakes
- Blueberry Cake
- Warm Bean + Tuna Salad
- Mushroom + Fish Laksa
- Bacon Wrapped Mushrooms + Chicken Patties
- Pork + Peanut Tapioca Dumplings
- Spaghetti Sauce + Meatballs
- Turkey Meatballs with Rosti + Tomato Chilli Sauce
- No Bake Nut + Honey Slice
- Chocolate + Yoghurt Pots
- Roasted Red Peppers stuffed with Goats' Curd
- Banana Smoothie
- No Bake Bliss Balls
- Italian Baked Fish
- Chickpea + Ricotta Salad
- Thermomix: Luigi's 40 Second Biscuits
- Marmalade or Jam Bread
- Thermomix: Rich Chocolate Cake
- Eggless Chocolate Cake
- Vegie Lasagne
- Hearty Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Salmon with potatoes & a basil, parmesan crust
- Teriyaki Pork Stirfry
- Zucchini, Bacon and Borlotti Bean Soup
- Cauliflower Pizza
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Thermomix: Chocolate Mousse Tart
- Spaghetti with Olives, Lemon and Capers
- Carrot + Coriander Dip
- Mushroom kushiyaki with Pork & chilli-garlic Sauce
- Poached Chicken with Crushed Potatoes
- Barbequed Lamb + Bean Salad
- Khmer Beef Curry
- Fast Fish Medley
- Silverbeet Flan
- Movie Review: The Hangover Part III
- Movie Review: Happiness Never Comes Alone
- Zelie Bullen | Flourishing Woman
- Cookbook Review: The Australian Women's Weekly Great Italian Cookbook
- Movie Review: Snitch
- The Raw End
- Movie: Iron Man 3
- Thank you Mum - a short history of Mother's Day
- Autumn Fashion for the Ex-Lamb (who doesn't like mutton)
- The Truth about Artifical Sweeteners
- 9 Top Tips to stay Tip Top
- Wine, Women & Sickness
- A New Look at Autism
- Top Tips on How to Choose from Fashion Trends for all ages
- Fun Ways to Exercise: Parkour
- The Strawberry Social
- Soft and Furry Little Rabbits
- Review: Burt's Bees Lemon Cuticle Butter, Almond Milk Beeswax Hand creme & Beeswax + Banana Hand creme | Flourishmag.com
- Green Superfoods
- Movie Review: The Sweeney